What communications can you expect as a member of staff at Brookes? What is the best way to keep up-to-date, contribute and get involved? Here are some of the key ways to keep informed and opportunities for feedback.
Staff communication hub
- The news platform for staff, the Staff Communications Hub updates and news tabs are regularly updated with news and features from across the University on key projects, initiatives, events, activities and successes. You can send article suggestions to email@example.com.
- Areas covered on the Update tab include: University’s response to national issues such as fees, internal policy such as transport, project news such as campus redevelopment, research news and committee highlights.
- The News tab is where you can find news of individual or team successes, events, links to other sources including Faculty news and where new staff can introduce themselves. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to submit an article.
- The Staff Communications Hub reflects the human interest angle where possible and builds sense of community. To submit news articles email: email@example.com.
Visit the Staff Communications Hub.
Message from Vice-Chancellor's Group emails - currently on hold
Staff Update emails
The Staff Update email is sent to all staff twice a month, on a Thursday. Each issue provides a round up of updates and news from across the University. Email content is linked to additional information on the Staff Communications Hub and other webpages.
If you would like to submit an update or news item for inclusion in the Staff Update please email the staff communications team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager Update emails - currently on hold
The Manager Update email is sent to all line managers once a month, on a Thursday. Each issue provides a round up of all the key operational and 'need to know' developments from across the University. Line managers are encouraged to share information in these emails with their teams. Email content is linked to additional information on the Staff Communications Hub and other webpages.
If you would like to submit an update for inclusion in the Manager Update please email the staff communications team: email@example.com.
Staff twitter @BrookesStaff
- Dedicated account for Brookes staff for Staff Communication Hub news, and relevant retweets from @oxford_brookes and other University feeds
- Regular staff or departmental takeovers of the account
- Updates on campus information, emergency communications
- Focus on staff experience such as on campus events, staff recognition and guest tweeters
Talk to Vice-Chancellor's Group Session
- Key-note events providing an opportunity to hear from, and interact with, the Vice-Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor's Group (VCG) on a specific theme from the University’s key priorities, strategic focus and expectations.
- Chance for discussion about how Brookes is dealing with strategic challenges related to the sessions theme through interaction with VCG.
- Frequency: twice yearly (spring and autumn).
Staff open forums with the Vice-Chancellor's Group - currently on hold
Staff open forum sessions
These informal sessions for colleagues to discuss working at Brookes .
They provide an opportunity to discuss, ask questions and make suggestions about staff experience at the University.
Colleagues can also submit questions anonymously using a 'virtual question box'. The answers to these will be published via Staff Communications Hub articles.
- Email addresses from the Vice-Chancellor on a range of current issues.
- Frequency: issued in response to important announcements or to coincide with calendar events, rather than scheduled.
All Staff emails from 'Brookes Communications'
- Corporate announcements that are time critical or that need to be disseminated simultaneously to all staff.
- Includes factual information for example, emergency communications and serious incidents.
- Frequency: to coincide with particular events.
- An archive of these emails is available.
The University produces a portfolio of bespoke publications aimed at staff, visitors and alumni.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org