Our evidence-based approach to increasing equality, diversity and inclusion at Oxford Brookes uses monitoring data, user feedback and research to inform and improve our future practice.
We will annually assess the effectiveness on the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy through collection and analysis of data to produce annual reports to the Teaching and Learning Enhancement Committee, Academic Board, Vice-Chancellor’s Group and the Board of Governors. Data, conclusions and recommendations will feed into the University’s strategic planning cycle.
In order to achieve this, the University will annually publish data and details including, but not limited to:
- its equality, diversity and inclusion objectives and action plan.
- the profile of the staff and student population across a range of the University’s ‘protected characteristics’ (transgender profiles are not published);
- student applications, acceptances, progression and attainment of degrees across a range of the protected characteristics;
- recruitment and selection of staff;
- complaints, linked to the range of protected characteristics, including harassment and bullying, grievances and disciplinary proceedings for staff and students;
- staff equality training.
The University seeks to foster the active involvement of students and staff in promoting equality, diversity and inclusion across the many functions of the University, using feedback from students and staff, including any complaints, to identify how the University’s commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion can be more effectively realised.
The University will use and draw upon research undertaken by the Centre for Diversity Policy Research and Practice and other organisations including Advance HE.
Further information and guidance within the University:
Review and Update Arrangements
The policy will be reviewed regularly and may also be amended from time to time to reflect and take account of changes in legislation and best practice.
This policy replaces all previous equality and diversity policies within Oxford Brookes University including the Single Equality Policy.
Comments on the policy and its implementation should be passed to EDIstaff@brookes.ac.uk.
This policy is available in alternative formats on request, please email: EDIstaff@brookes.ac.uk..