Driving and travel

The UK has a left hand driving system. If you have a driver’s licence from any country in the EEA your licence is valid in the UK as long as it is in date. If you are from a country outside of the EEA but have a valid, full driver’s licence you can drive any category of small vehicle listed on your licence for up to 12 months from the time you become resident in the UK. In order to be able to continue driving after this time you must obtain a provisional UK driving licence by passing a UK driving test. You must do this before the 12 month period elapses. If you do not pass a UK driving test within 12 months of your residency in the UK you will not be allowed to drive as a full licence holder and provisional licence conditions will apply.

For further information please see the Gov.UK website's guidance on driving on a foreign licence.

Parking on campus

In order to park at any of the Brookes sites you will need to fill out a parking permit application form. These are available from the Faculties or Directorates administrators or the University website.  

Public transport

The Brookes Bus services all of our Oxford campuses and is available for use by students, staff and the public. Season tickets and discount passes can be bought from the Facilities Management Office - email transport@brookes.ac.uk or call 01865 483175 with any queries. Season ticket loans are also available for staff to help spread the cost over 10 months. These are interest free. Terms and conditions and an application form are available on the intranet.

See the travel website for further information on travel to Brookes including travel offers for staff such as the car club.