Starting a new course

You will need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies, known as a CAS, to apply for a Student visa. We use CAS Shield, an online self-service system, which allows you to upload all the vital information and documents that our Applicant Compliance Team needs to issue your CAS. To contact the team, email or call +44 (0)345 350 3699.

To get your CAS you will need to complete the following first:

  • Make an application to Oxford Brookes.
  • Meet the conditions of your offer of a place at Oxford Brookes (for example, English language, academic or any other outstanding conditions).
  • Accept your offer as a firm place.
  • Pay your deposit.
  • Prepare evidence documents (for example passport, copies of any previous UK visas and previous CAS, copies of any previous visa refusal letters)

  • A CAS Shield invitation from us

  • Provide financial documents if requested.

  • Upload your evidence and financial documents.
  • Check that your details on CAS Shield are correct.
  • If you have any questions about getting a CAS before starting a course at Oxford Brookes, please contact the Applicant Compliance Team by emailing or calling +44 (0)345 350 3699.

Back to top