If you require a Student visa to study in the UK, you will need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies, known as a CAS. Once your CAS is received, you will then be able to apply for your Student visa.
Oxford Brookes uses CAS Shield, an online self-service system, which allows you to upload all the vital information and documents that our Applicant Compliance Team needs to issue your CAS.
To get your CAS you will need to complete the following first:
- Make an application to Oxford Brookes.
- Meet the conditions of your offer of a place at Oxford Brookes (for example, English language, academic or any other outstanding conditions).
- Accept your offer as a firm place.
- Pay your deposit.
- Prepare evidence documents (for example passport, copies of any previous UK visas and previous CAS, copies of any previous visa refusal letters).
- Receive a CAS Shield invitation from us.
- Check that your details on CAS Shield are correct.
- Upload your evidence and financial documents on your CAS Shield portal (follow CAS Shield instructions).
- Complete your CAS Shield interview (for students from Afghanistan, India, Bangladesh, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Syria only). More information on this process can be found below.
- Update your visa status on CAS Shield once your CAS has been issued.
- If you have any questions about getting a CAS before starting a course at Oxford Brookes, please contact the Applicant Compliance Team by using the chat function on CAS Shield, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling + 44 (0) 1865 535000.