Kids love to climb! From birthday parties to our NICAS programme, Brookes Climb runs kids climbing sessions for 3yrs-17yrs. Experience our bouldering and roped walls under the supervision of our instructor team.
NICAS Wild Climbers 3-8yrs
Mondays and Fridays 5:00pm-5:45pm. This session is designed for 3 years and older. Cost includes entry and supervision. The session is a supervised climbing experience of bouldering and bottom-roped climbing run by our experienced instructor team. Places can be booked in advance on 01865 48 4373.
Kids open session: school holiday specials
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. Please check times and availability via email@example.com.
NICAS (National Indoor Climbing Award Schemes) courses
NICAS Wild Climbers offers climbing skills for all, from age 3 and upwards. It's a fun, game orientated programme which aims to introduce young children safely into the indoor climbing environment, developing their awareness of climbing movements, improving confidence and creating a grassroots pathway into additional climbing activities
NICAS has five progressive levels of award for complete novices to expert climbers. The scheme is split into two parts and takes a minimum of 80 hours to complete Levels 1 to 4 and an additional year to complete Level 5. Part one contains Levels 1 to 3 and part two contains Levels 4 and 5.
The Five NICAS Levels
- New Climber - An entry level aimed at novices that recognises their ability to climb safely under supervision.
- Foundation Climber - Aimed at promoting good practice in climbing and bouldering unsupervised on an artificial wall.
- Technical Climber - A more advanced top-roping and bouldering award that focuses on developing technique and movement skills. Achievement at this level is broadly equivalent to a pass at GCSE.
- Lead Climber - Concentrating on the skills required to lead climb proficiently. Aimed at developing a self-motivated climber who has a wide range of skills and has reached a high level of competence, with a desire to progress by identifying and setting goals.
- Advanced Climber - The top-level award that focuses on improving performance, a deeper understanding of climbing systems and the wider world of climbing, as well as experience of local and national competitions.
NICAS Rock Stars course
- 9:30am-10:15am Wild Climbers 3-5yrs
- 10:15am-11:00am Wild Climber 6-8yrs
- 11:00am-12:20pm: 9-10yrs
- 1:00pm-2:20pm: 11-12yrs
- 2:30pm-3:50pm: 13-14yrs
- 4:00pm-5:20pm: 15-17yrs
NICAS open sessions 9yrs+
- Tuesday - 4:30pm-5:50pm - NICAS level 4-5
- Wednesday - 4:30pm-5:50pm - NICAS intro level 1
- Thursday - 4:30pm-5:50pm - NICAS level 2-3
- Friday - 6:00pm-7:20pm - NICAS level 2-3
School and youth groups
- Taster sessions
- After school clubs
- Home school groups
- GCSE courses
- Groups of up to 10 children for a series of lessons can learn to climb and belay as part of their extra-curricular activities, GCSE or A-level physical education, Duke of Edinburgh awards or to work towards cub-scout badges with the NICAS scheme or just for fun or as a reward!
Treat your class or youth group to an amazing experience, our instructors will provide all the equipment knowledge you need. You can arrange one off sessions or a series of progressive lessons. Schools and youth groups can park one minibus only on site, by advance arrangement.