NHS Learning Support Fund and Training Grant
NHS Learning Support Fund Students starting and continuing their course from 1 September 2020 onwards can apply for NHS LSF if they’re on one an eligibile pre-registration undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
If you're eligible, you can get:
- Training Grant - £5,000 per academic year.
- Parental Support - £2,000 / year. To qualify you need to have at least one dependent child under 15 years, or under 17 years if registered with special educational needs.
- Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses - you can claim for excess travel and accommodation costs while you are on your practice placement.
- Exceptional Support Fund - students experiencing financial hardship.
Further information can be found on the NHS Learning Support Fund pages.
- dental therapy or dental hygiene (level 5 and 6 courses)
- nursing (adult, child, mental health, learning disability, joint nursing and social work)
- occupational therapy
- operating department practitioner (level 5 and 6 courses) orthoptics
- orthotics and prosthetics
- paramedics (DipHE and FD courses are not eligible for NHS LSF)
- podiatry or chiropody
- radiography (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- speech and language therapy
This funding is available to students studying on the following courses:
- Midwifery 2nd Registration
- Nursing (Adult)
- Nursing (Children's)
- Nursing (Mental Health)
- Paramedic Science
- Midwifery - Pre-Registration
- Nursing (Mental Health) - Pre-Registration
- Occupational Therapy (Pre-Registration)
- Physiotherapy (Pre-Registration)
Continuing Professional Development (Healthcare)
You should not apply on any other systems as your application will be rejected. All NHS LSF applications must be submitted within six months of the start of the academic year.