During May and June 2022, the transport consultancy TPS conducted a student and staff travel survey on behalf of the University, receiving nearly 2,500 responses. The survey sought to seek travel feedback and insight on:
- how, when and why people currently travel to campus and how this differs between different locations,
- how the COVID-19 pandemic has influenced travel habits with a particular focus on staff,
- reasons for mode of transport choice, with a focus on how this might shape future car parking behaviour and policy,
- parking eligibility criteria and the influence of enhancements to sustainable travel options,
- car parking locations to better understand how availability and demand might be impacted by the Oxford Campus Vision, as well as forthcoming local authority initiatives.
The results of the survey will help to support the aspirations of the Oxford Campus Vision by informing a new car park management strategy and sustainable travel strategy for the University. Further information on these strategies will be shared in due course.
All participants were provided an opportunity to enter a prize draw to win a £250 John Lewis voucher. The winner was an Oxford Brookes student Azeeza Binti Mohammad Ali - thank you to everyone who took part in the survey.