An interview can be described as a ‘conversation with a purpose’. At Brookes a traditional interview will nearly always form a core part of the recruitment and selection process.
The Chair of the interview panel is normally the recruiting manager/line manager. However, this may vary, depending on the specific circumstances of the vacancy. As lead representative of the University on the interview panel, the role of the Chair is to ensure that:
- fair and equitable practice is positively promoted throughout all selection action and sound decisions are made in the selection of candidates.
- selection action is non-discriminatory
- selection action is conducted with integrity and any inappropriate behaviour is challenged.
- all selection action is undertaken in accordance with University policy.
- the University is promoted as an employer of choice, and even unsuccessful candidates are left with a favourable impression.
- strict confidentiality is maintained at all times during the selection process.