Guides to help you create digitally accessible teaching materials.
Accessibility at Oxford Brookes
- Use the correct font sizes and styles for different teaching materials (presentations, documents, webpages)
- Add a header and footer to a document
- Select appropriate colours to ensure accessible materials
- Know when (and when not) to use different text formatting (bold, italics, underline, and all-caps) for emphasis
- Add and check Alt-Text for all images, diagrams, and tables
Reminder: Whatever accessible materials you are producing for your students, Oxford Brookes’ policy is to upload all teaching and learning content to Moodle at least 24 hours before the teaching session.