- Location: Headington Campus
- Available to: current students
- Beds: 20 study bedrooms in flats of 10 (18 single, 2 double)
- Bathroom: shared bathrooms (4 per flat)
- Contract: 50 week contract
- Costs: £167.02-£169.61 per week (single room)
- Costs: £199.50 per week (double room)
- Facilities: laundry facilities
- Bicycle storage: bike storage
- Hall office: Yes
The Cheney Gatehouse is on the Cheney Student Village site which also houses 750 first year students. The first year en suite flats will be in separate blocks to the current students in the Gatehouse.
Our accommodation tour videos act as a guidance only, sizes, layouts and furnishings of each flat may vary.
- Standard Single Study Bedrooms (rooms E-K): £167.02 per week (£8,327.14 per year).
- Large Single Study Bedrooms (rooms A-C): £169.61 per week (£8,456.27 per year).
- Double study bedrooms for individuals or couples (rooms D): £199.50 per week (£9,946.50 per year) - please contact email@example.com to book a double room.
Cheney Student Village only offers 50 week contracts. The longer contracts are ideal for students who wish to stay in Oxford over the summer. Contracts for the 2023/24 academic year run for 50 weeks from Saturday 16 September 2023 until 30 August 2024.
Double study bedrooms are reserved for couples and both must be full-time students at Oxford Brookes.
The price includes all of your utility bills, basic contents insurance and inclusive travel on the BROOKESbus network (BROOKESkey account required). Free Wi-Fi is provided to students across most Oxford Brookes University sites.
A complimentary internet connection in the hall is provided by WiFinity and whilst every effort will be made to ensure the connection is stable, the University does not accept liability for any loss of connection due to technical problems.
You will need to pay a £200 damage deposit, which will be returned to you after your tenancy ends provided you leave the property in good condition. Your first rent payment will be due in early October.
Tenancy terms and conditions
Please read the terms and conditions for this accommodation.
Cheney Student Village is next to Headington Brookes Sport and the main Headington Campus. The hall is close to bus stops, providing easy BROOKESBus and local transport into the city centre, Wheatley Camus, Harcourt Hill Campus and the Marston Road site. It is also walking distance to the popular Cowley Road area where many of our students socialise.
Address: Cheney Lane, Headington, Oxford OX3 0BD.
Postcode: Cheney Gatehouse OX3 0BD
Telephone: 01865 325380
- small double bed
- desk and chair
- reading lamp
- bed linen not provided
All of our halls are self-catered with each flat having its own shared kitchen for you to cook and eat your own meals.
News Bedding, cleaning and kitchen/dining packs for university-managed halls can be pre-ordered through the accommodation portal after accepting your accommodation contract.
Office opening times
Monday-Thursday: 9.30am to 4.30pm
Friday: 9.30am to 4.00pm
Phone lines are open Monday-Thursday: 9.00am to 4.30pm and Friday: 9.00am to 4.00pm