There are many people and sections in Brookes who can help you with your examinations.
Exam support and wellbeing
- Centre for Academic Development - A service that can help with Academic English, study skills and maths support, including specific advice on exam study skills.
- Module leaders and teaching staff - They can provide support, advice and revision sessions. Please make sure you know what office hours and other support is available and make use of it.
- Academic Adviser - Your Academic Adviser is there to help with any academic issues.
- Counselling Service - Brookes provide counselling support as part of its Wellbeing support, including specific advice for stress and exam anxiety.
- Multifaith Chaplaincy - Supports students of all beliefs and none. They have prayer and quiet rooms available and can offer a sympathetic ear.
- Medical Centre - The student health team or your GP can also help.
- Student Central - Offer a range of support from their teams, including programme advice, assistance with your Student Information pages and handling of student complaints or appeals.
- Student Support Co-ordinators - Your faculty will have their own SSCs who can provide help and advice.
- Academic Advisers - Your Academic Adviser can provide advice on programme administration as well as academic matters.
- Exams Team - We are able to answer all questions about exam procedures and regulations.
- Student Investigation and Resolution Team
- Open University - Offer a comprehensive study skills section on revision and examinations. It includes sections on revision planning, revision techniques, exam techniques and stress management. It is information that is useful to all university students.
- Mind - Dedicate a whole section of their website to student life and this includes a section on examination stress.
- NHS - Provide a website on student health which includes a section on stress.