Application to enrolment

A step-by-step guide

  1. Making applications
  2. Fees, deposit and scholarships
  3. Accommodation
  4. Visas and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)


Scholarships available for international students

We offer a range of scholarships and financial support to help our international students with the costs of studying at Oxford Brookes.

Find out more

1. Making applications

You can apply for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees directly through your agent portal, which is free to use and helps you keep track of your applications.

When submitting a student’s application, please check whether the course has a Sandwich option (an industry placement or a year abroad). Please select the correct Sandwich option on the application. If you need to request any changes to the Sandwich option after a student has received their offer letter, please submit the Course Change Request form as early as possible to avoid CAS issue delays.

If you have any queries about using the agent portal, please contact your regional Global Recruitment Officer. If you need a student application to be tagged to you, please send your request to your regional Recruitment Officer, quoting the application ID.

Applications can also be made through UCAS for undergraduate courses starting in September.

Supporting documents needed

Please remember to upload any supporting documents directly to the application.

Two girls sitting against wall

2. Fees, deposit and scholarships

Find out more below about tuition fees, deposit requirements and scholarships available to international students.

You can also visit our fees and funding pages for more information.

At Oxford Brookes we’re always trying to find ways to help students with costs. Visit our living costs page for planning and budgeting tips for students.

Students punting on river

3. Accommodation

We guarantee that all full-time first-year international students will be offered accommodation as long as they apply by the deadline and meet the academic criteria for their offer.

Find out more about how to apply for accommodation below.

Three girl students in accommodation


Accommodation Bureau

4. Visas and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies, known as a CAS, is needed to apply for a student visa. A CAS can only be issued after an applicant’s offer is unconditional and no more than 3 months before the start date of their course.

Find out more about the CAS process below.

Student on laptop from above

International Applicant Dates and Deadlines for January 2024 Entry

Visa renewals

Oxford Brookes contributes towards the cost of visa renewal for international students progressing from a pathway course onto a degree at Oxford Brookes. Further information is available on the scholarship and financial support webpage within the relevant course level.


Conditional offer holder support: Results/qualifications need to be uploaded to the portal or sent via email directly to In order for applications to be processed faster, your email subject lines must include the student name and ID of an applicant.

Unconditional Firm offer holder support: All queries related to the VIF/CAS process must be emailed directly to

Deferrals and course changes

If your students wish to request a deferral or course change, please submit the relevant request form which can be found on our website. Following submission of the request form, our admissions team will action the request as soon as possible. Please note, there is no need to speak to our admissions team directly to request a deferral or course change, and contacting them will not speed up the process. Please submit the form and await their response. This useful video explains the deferral and course change process further.