Find a courseExpand
Foundation in Business
This course is designed for students from a range of educational backgrounds who need an additional year of study prior to their undergraduate degree. You should take this course if any of the following apply to you:
- You haven't met the entry requirements for direct entry on to the first year of a degree
- You have less than 13 years of schooling
- You need to improve your academic skills to join an undergraduate course
The course is classed as an integral part of a 4-year degree, and takes place before the first year of your chosen degree. After your total four years of study (five if you take a work placement) you will graduate with a BA or BSc (Hons) combined degree in the same way as your classmates on your specific degree.
This foundation course can be tied with a range of our excellent degrees in subject areas such as business and management, accounting and finance, marketing, or hospitality (see 'Progression and degree options' below).
How to apply
Questions about fees?
Contact Student Finance on:
Questions about fees?
Please note tuition fees for Home/EU students may increase in subsequent years both for new and continuing students in line with an inflationary amount determined by government. Tuition fees for International students may increase in subsequent years both for new and continuing students.
Oxford Brookes University intends to maintain its fees for new and returning home and EU students at the maximum permitted level.
Please be aware that some courses will involve some additional costs that are not covered by your fees. Specific additional costs for this course, if any, are detailed below.
Financial support and scholarships
Learning and assessment
Over the course of two semesters you choose a pathway of modules that build on your current academic skills and reflect your own subject and career interests.
You will develop your knowledge of academic subjects through modules related to your future course of study. One of these modules will be at undergraduate level to give you the experience of studying at a higher level.
You will develop your study skills and critical thinking skills before beginning your degree course.
After you graduate
Students from this course can go on to study the following degree courses:
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Economics
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business and Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) Business, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- BSc (Hons) Economics, Finance and International Business
- BA (Hons) Economics, Politics and International Relations
- BA (Hons) Events Management
- BA (Hons) International Business Management
- BSc (Hons) International Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing and Events Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing Communications Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing Management
Free language courses
Free language courses are available to full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students on many of our courses, and can be taken as a credit on some courses.
Programme Changes: On rare occasions we may need to make changes to our course programmes after they have been published on the website.
For more information, please visit our Changes to programmes page.