The BROOKESkey is a dedicated travel pass for Oxford Brookes University students and staff. You can get this as an app on your phone. This app will give you access to discounted and/or inclusive travel* on the BROOKESbus services, plus other Oxford Bus Company services (such as local services and the Airline coaches).
All our new students receive free BROOKESbus travel from Monday 11 September until Friday 8 October. Check the welcome emails sent to you by Oxford Brookes University for the QR code and expiry date. Simply scan the QR code under the ticket scanner on the bus and your travel will be free.
We recommend applying for your permanent pass as early as you can to ensure it is ready for use by the time the free travel period ends.
- Complete the online application. Make sure you use your Oxford Brookes email address to apply.
- You will need to confirm your Oxford Brookes student number and semester-time address when applying.
- Pay the one-off administration fee.
- Allow up to five working days for the application to be processed.
- You will receive an email - follow the instructions to access the BROOKESkey app.
- Buy any discounted travel products you'd like to use. If you are eligible for inclusive travel on the BROOKESbuses, the Inclusive Travel Pass will be added for you automatically.
For any application or account queries, please email email@example.com.
You can use the BROOKESkey to purchase a variety of discounted travel passes. These include:
- Semester/academic year passes for unlimited use of the BROOKESbuses*
- Single journeys for the Oxford Bus Company and Thames Travel local buses
- Return journeys to Heathrow or Gatwick using the Airline coach
In addition, some students are eligible for an extra Inclusive Travel Pass on their BROOKESkey account for free travel on the BROOKESbuses.
As well at the BROOKESkey, you can use your student card for travel discounts. Show your student card to the driver on Oxford Bus Company and Stagecoach buses for discounts on single journeys within the Oxford city zone.
*Please note - a supplementary £1 fee applies for night buses.
Are you staying in an Oxford Brookes Halls of Residence (booked through the University)?
Are you studying any of the following full-time at Oxford Brookes?
- An undergraduate course
- A PGCE course (Post Graduate Certificate in Education)
- An MArch course (Masters in Architecture)
- An MArchD course (Masters in Architecture Design)
If you said yes to any of the above, you are eligible for an Inclusive Travel Pass. This pass is valid for travel on BROOKESbus services* and lasts for one academic year (September to August). Simply apply for your BROOKESkey and the pass will automatically be applied to your account.
- Make sure to read the full eligibility criteria for the Inclusive Pass and/or terms and conditions of the pass you plan to purchase. View the full terms and conditions.
- The Inclusive Travel Pass is valid on BROOKESbus services only, lasting for one academic year (September to August). A supplementary £1 fee applies for night buses.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria for the Inclusive Travel Pass in the proceeding academic year, your BROOKESkey account will be updated with a new pass.
If you need help with your BROOKESkey application, or need any general advice on bus travel in Oxford, come to the helpdesk to speak to representatives from the Oxford Bus Company.
- Saturday 16, Sunday 17, Monday 18 and Tuesday 19 September
- 11:00am - 4:00pm
- The Forum, John Henry Brookes Building, Headington Campus