The University Regulations were restructured in September 2020 (as approved by Academic Board in April 2020), in order to:
- incorporate the new academic framework for undergraduate programmes, which commenced for level 4 students entering from September 2020
- address inconsistencies between and within the many documents that previously made up the Regulations
- provide a coherent overview of the high-level principles underpinning all of the University’s programmes and awards, supported by separate operational instructions and guidance
- address feedback from students, which indicated that they would like the Regulations to be more clearly expressed, and structured around the student journey.
The Regulations for Study are supported by:
- Manuals or handbooks setting out the procedural requirements for how specific Regulations should be implemented are now published by the expert professional services teams that manage the processes (overseen by the relevant committees and groups). They are likely to be updated more regularly than the Regulations themselves, to respond to feedback, environmental/legislative changes, or emerging sector guidance on good practice. These procedures may be updated during a student’s period of study, with due notification.
- Other guidance provided by the relevant professional services teams to support staff and students in navigating the procedures they manage. This guidance is owned locally and can therefore be updated quickly and easily so that it always reflects current practice, without the need for committee approval.
- Links to the appropriate teams’ webpages, for information on procedural requirements and other guidance, is provided at the relevant points on the Regulations webpages.
The following Regulations have been updated for 2021/22:
- Regulation 2.1.2: The addition of the award of Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) to the University's portfolio, introduced to distinguish the Architecture programme delivered through partnership arrangements with Metropolitan College, Greece from the programme offered on campus in Oxford.
- Regulation 6.9.2: Removal of the attempt requirement in order to be eligible for a resit.
(Approved by Academic Board on 16th June 2021)